Bacon, Turkey & Fried Green Tomato Club Sandwich
Bacon, Turkey Fried Green Tomato Club Sandwich
- 4 -6 thin slices Greenfield oven roasted turkey
- 6 slices Greenfield bacon, cooked
- 4 tbsp Hummus
- 4 slices Fried Green Tomatoes
- 6 slices bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup arugula
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 tbsp roasted garlic mayo
Fried Green Tomatoes
- 2 -3 medium green tomatoes
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
- Pour about 1 inch of oil into a large skillet, like a large cast iron skillet.
- Heat oil to 350 F, while the oil is heating, set up a breading station. Fill the first one with the flour, paprika and dry mustard. Whisk together.
- In the second bowl, whisk together the milk and egg.
- In the third bowl, add in 1 cup of cornmeal.
- Slice the green tomatoes into disc that are about 1/4 of an inch thick. Lay them flat on a plate and lightly sprinkle them with salt.
- Taking one tomato at a time, dip the tomato slice into the flour mixture and coat each side. Set it back onto the plate. Once the tomatoes are dipped into the flour, let them rest for about 2-3 minutes, this will let the juices from the tomatoes stick to the flour. One at a time, dip them back into the flour to coat both sides, dip them in the milk mixture and then into the cornmeal, making sure to coat both sides. Place the tomato slices on a place.
- Line another place with a paper towel and set aside.
- Once the oil reaches 350F, fry 2-3 tomato slices at a time. Fry for about 1-2 minutes or until each side is golden brown.
- Remove them from the hot oil with a slotted spoon and lay them on the paper towel lined plate to drain and rest.
- Lay out one slice of toasted bread and spread on hummus
- Layer on the Swiss cheese, bacon and half of the arugula.
- Add another layer of bread, adding garlic mayo.
- Layer on the turkey, fried green tomatoes and the rest of the arugula.
- Top with a piece of bread that has been smeared with hummus.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Greenfield Natural Meat Co. https://greenfieldmeat.com/