Bacon Mac and Cheese
Meatless Mac and Cheese
- 3 cups (750 mL) Elbow macaroni
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Butter
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Mustard powder
- 3 ½ cups (875 mL) Milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ¾ cup (425 mL) Grated Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) Grated Asiago
- ½ cup Grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup corn flakes or seasoned bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Cook macaroni in a large pot of salted boiling water, about 8-9 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and reserve.
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour and mustard powder.
- Cook stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the milk until smooth.
- Season with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer gently for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add 1 cup (250 mL) Cheddar, Parmesan and Asiago cheeses.
- Stir in the macaroni.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Spoon mixture into 6-8 individual portion oven proof bowls.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheddar and crumbled cornflakes.
Greenfield Natural Meat Co. https://greenfieldmeat.com/