Creamy Bacon & Corn Casserole
Creamy Bacon and Corn Casserole
- 1 pkg Greenfield Bacon, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 750g bag corn, thawed
- 1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup (60 mL) cream
- ½ cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) thyme, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) panko
- ½ cup (125 mL) mozzarella, shredded
- ½ cup (125 mL) parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven on broil setting.
- In a large skillet cook bacon. Reserve half and set aside.
- Add red pepper, onion and jalapeno.
- Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Add garlic and thyme and cook 1 minute longer.
- Add corn and stir.
- Add cream cheese, cream and sour cream. Stir to combine.
- Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a casserole dish.
- In a large bowl toss parmesan, mozzarella and panko.
- Top casserole with panko crumb top and reserved bacon.
- Broil in oven for 3 to 4 minutes or until the top is golden and cheese has melted.
Greenfield Natural Meat Co. http://greenfieldmeat.com/