Creamy Bacon & Corn Casserole
Meatless Creamy Corn Casserole
- 2 tbsp, butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 750gr bag corn, thawed
- 1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp thyme, chopped
- 1 cup panko
- ½ cup mozzarella, shredded
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven on broil setting.
- In a large skillet add butter, red pepper, onion and jalapeno. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Add garlic and thyme and cook 1 minute longer. Add corn and stir. Add cream cheese, cream and sour cream. Stir to combine. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a casserole dish.
- In a large bowl toss parmesan, mozzarella and panko. Top casserole with panko crumb top.
- Broil in oven for 3 to 4 minutes or until the top is golden and cheese has melted.
Greenfield Natural Meat Co. http://greenfieldmeat.com/